I’m officially into my 2nd trimester of pregnancy which means I’ve regained a bit of energy. So now you should expect my normal blog slackingness rather than SUPER slackingness. Ha.
Our life in bullet points and pictures:
- We enjoyed some awesome hikes in October.
Hike with beautiful Calvary ladies at Cloudland Canyon
COLD hike with small group at Pocket Wilderness in Dayton
EVENTFUL hike at Chickamauga Pocket
- Wade fell down the stairs for the first time. This actually happened the morning of our hike at Chickamauga.
Check out that lip!
- Andrew fell into the creek. Same day.
Post fall strategizing of cell phone recovery plan. Amazingly, after a week in a bowl of rice and 2 minutes in the oven it works fine!
- Baby Scharff #2 had his/her first picture taken!
Baby is due June 8th which makes me 15 wks along. This pregnancy has been kinda different from the first one. Of course, I was very tired during the first trimester but it wasn’t as bad as I’d anticipated. I had some nausea but not bad. The first time I had a lot of irritation during digestion except when I ate potatoes. But none of that this time. The other huge difference is that I’m exercising and drinking lots of water. I topped out the scales with a total of 60 lbs gained with Wade and that is most definitely NOT the plan this time. So far I am feeling good about my weight gain (3lbs) and bloating (or lack therof). We find out in about 5 wks whether its a boy or girl.
- We found out big news:::Wade is going to be a big cousin AGAIN!!
Anna and David are also expecting a new little one!!! This Baby Scharff is due July 13 we’re about 5 weeks apart.
- There’s a gap in my pictures but some fun things that happened include
- Short reunion with Matt and Rachael Milligan (my college roommate)
- Andrew camped out in the REI parking lot TWICE in Atlanta (in 20 degree weather) in order to snag some good deals at their “garage sale”.
- I continue to tutor elementary students. I’ve got 6 students, 4 of whom I work with in reading. I am REALLY enjoying using my education training to help these kids who are struggling.
- Other than that I think I didn’t do too much for a couple weeks. I was still in that 1st trimester haze so everything seemed to take a huge effort.
- Grammy came to visit for Thanksgiving!
Mom got us an Aquarium membership for Christmas so we took full advantage while she was here.
Wade got a HUGE kick out of decorating the Christmas tree.
Grammy spoiled Wade with this awesome slide (which now sits in our living room cause its too cold to play outside!)
And what’s a visit with Grammy without a few trips to Panera!
Attempt at Christmas card photos (but I’ve decided to play my “exempt cause I’m using all my energy to grow this baby in my tummy” card and not send snail mail cards this year – may put together something electronically)
Wade’s first bus ride!
Have I mentioned that Wade is obsessed with “choo choo’s”?
Wade’s first movie!!! We saw Polar Express at the IMAX in 3D. Of course, Wade would not keep the glasses on so he watched the blurry version. It was good but I wouldn’t recommend the 3D version for young kids…it was a little intense!
- The first weekend of December we got a light snow
Wade loved to eat it!
- Last weekend cousins Sydney and Ian came over and we made Fruity Pebbles Trains!
Mom, did you say “stir” or “eat”…I always get those 2 confused!
- After we made the trains Andrew headed to Huntsville, AL with David to run the Rocket City marathon. Gee, Robin, you didn’t mention Andrew was training for a marathon! Yah, he wasn’t. David called Friday at 3:30pm to see if he’d like to run it…the following day. And they did it! In 4hrs. 35 min. WOW!
Well, that pretty much covers life around here the past month or so. It’s been a rough couple of days around here as Wade is sick. He ran fever for a couple days but the doctor says its a virus turned ear infection. Whatever it is, its making the poor kid feel rotten! I feel like I should make a donation to PBS as they have been keeping us company a whole lot lately.