Monday, October 25, 2010

Chloe vs. Banana

This morning Chloe tasted her first bite of food. As I mashed the 1 inch piece of banana, I explained to her how her little world was about to change.  I could get real philosophical on you here about how the intake of food could symbolize baby’s first steps towards independence and the parents’ huge responsibility to disciple that self-reliance into God-reliance. But I won’t.

Anyway, round one….Chloe and the Banana:

DSC_0984

“Mom, I don’t know…do you really want to do this? I really think I could just stick with milk for the rest of my life.”

 

DSC_0986

“Ok, if you insist. I got my game face on.”

 

DSC_0987

'”INVASION! INVASION! We’ve been compromised.”

 

DSC_0988

“Hmmm. Maybe I was mistaken. Perhaps banana is not foe, but friend.”

 

DSC_0989

“Mom, take my keys…you’re going to have to drive. I’m feeling a little tipsy after that banana.”

 

Well, I’d say it went as well as I expected it to. She did get a couple bites down but she’s still working that little reflex that pushed the food back out of her mouth. Eh, we’ll try again next week. We’re not in any hurry to complicate our lives with food!

2 comments:

Connie said...

How precious. I loved the "words" Chloe shared about this new experience. She is such a wit! Thanks for sharing the experience with me! Loved it! Loved it!
Nana

Stephanie ODea said...

HA HA HA! oh my, she is so so cute.
I love your photo captions. :-)