Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thunder Rolls

This afternoon we had a thunderstorm that would rival the best of Florida's summer 3pm storms. It started just as I layed Wade down for a rest. Somehow he fell right to sleep despite the crashing thunder. We lost power numerous times and there was a peculiar "pow, hiss, snap" sound at one point but still not sure what appliance got fried! Anyway he slept right on through it. Sammy, on the other hand, was completely stressed out. He was about 2 in. from my heels the entire time. But at one point I noticed I didn't trip as I walked to the laundry room. Where was Sammy? First I checked our bed because that's his most favorite place in the world. He knows that we've buckled down and made it completely off limits but he still sneaks up there occasionally. But he wasn't there. He wasn't in either of his beds or on the rug in the kitchen. That only left Wade's room. I wish I could have gotten a picture. I went in there and Sammy was laying right beside Wade's crib. (A little note: Sammy's demeanor towards Wade has been slightly curious/I'm way too cool for you/why are you taking all the attention?/do you have food...if so, we can be friends/if I pay attention to you mom will pay attention to me). I figure his logic was either to fulfill his role as protective big brother OR (probably more likely) if something went seriously wrong he knew that's where I'd run to first. Anyway, next storm I'll get a picture!

Grammy is coming to visit in about 16 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I'm glad Wade slept through. We had a loud storm on Wednesday that woke the kids up and they wouldn't got back down.

I think it's so cute that Sammy was protecting Wade! Piper is that way, except he doesn't really like Braedon. It's very much a love/hate sibling type relationship.