Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Fun in the Sun

Today was recovery day. Recovering the bottom of my laundry basket, recovering my coffee table, recovering my kitchen sink. Somewhere in there should be some self recovery but it didn't end up that way. Actually I'm tired now from working all day but my trip was so relaxing that I don't feel the need to recover like I usually do.

So the trip...was awesome. Actually, it was "cool" (mom, how many times can I use that word in this post? start counting). Wade could not have done any better on the flights. He took a bottle as we took off and fell asleep shortly after. Each time he woke up when the pilot would come on and say "ladies and gentlemen we are beginning our inital descent into ____."

Grammy was so excited to see her only grandchild. And CJ was so precious to watch playing with Wade. He says he's never having kids but I don't know, there's some real natural talent there.

Wade met his great aunt & uncle, 2nd cousins and mom's childhood friends, swam in a pool, swung in a swing at the park, started sleeping on his tummy, fell in love with ceiling fans, spent most every day in only his diaper, felt sand between his toes and rode in a big boy carseat...I'd say it was a pretty big 10 days of his little life!

All in all it was a wonderful visit and we can't wait to see Grammy again.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Love the pictures, espeically the one of him eating his fists in the swing. I'm glad he did so well flying. Our first trip had some less desirable aspects. We're flying in July and I sort of dread flying with a toddler.