Tuesday, May 13, 2008

One trip down, two to go!

Ok, I've got to start with a story from the trip prep. I'm learning to pack early (mom is so proud!) so last Thursday I was ironing our clothes for the wedding. Andrew decided to wear a pair of slacks that are somewhat tricky to iron. You know the kind that when you iron and up around the pockets they always leave weird marks. So, I got a brilliant idea to iron them inside out which would totally solve the weird marks problem, right? After ironing them meticulously including a crease down the leg (some of you just realized where this is going) I turn them right sound out to admire my work. No weird marks by the pockets. The problem was the creases down the legs. Since I had creased them inside out I now had inside out creases (aka butt cracks) all the way down the legs! You can imagine my frustration as I sprayed with water and re-ironed the creases. I did consider just leaving them but just couldn't do that to my precious husband. Thankfully the weekend did not follow suit.



Wade did great in the car. It's only a 5 hour drive so it works well to stop in Knoxville splitting it in half. Once we got there the weekend flew by at 90 mph. After we finally figured out where everyone was sleeping- a thing that's becoming more complicated as we have more kids on the scene- we hit the sack. Saturday Connie was helping with wedding prep stuff most of the day, David & Andrew were working on the list she'd left them and Anna, Cheri and I chased kids. Pam & Stan came over to babysit and we headed to the wedding which was at a beautiful historic home. Sunday we got up to go to church but realized we hadn't had any time together so decided to just go to brunch. Brunch turned into lunch when Cheri's car wouldn't start. After lunch we headed back home. Forgot to mention that we had a flat tire awaiting our arrival at the house. Andrew managed to get it changed before the wind blew him away.



The other interesting thing that happened this weekend was the rash that Wade developed. It started in the diaper area and began spreading up his chest. Monday we went to see Dr. Wiley who suggested Hydrocortizone cream and prescribed another ointment in case any yeast was growing in his "area". The good news is it looks so much better after just 24 hrs. of the creams. A perk of going to see Dr. Wiley was getting weighed and measured. Wade is up to 14lbs. 13oz. and he's 25 1/8 in. long. Still hovering around the 75/80th percentile.



So, now we've already begun packing for the next trip. Friday Wade & I will be flying to Florida to visit my mom for 9 days! We could not be more excited...well, yes we could, if Andrew were coming with us. But we know it will still be an awesome trip. Wade is so excited to hang out with his Grammy!

Here's a photo of our little family on our first Mother's Day!



1 comment:

Marcia said...

Packing and traveling with a baby is such an adventure. I'm glad Wade is a good traveler.
We got Mallory's saucer 3 or 4 weeks ago. She liked it pretty much right away.