Friday, January 2, 2009

Resolute

So, we've made some New Year's Resolutions. 12 to be exact. I know that I'm a day late but remember our computer issues. Yah, apparently ours is now getting a new mother board.

You know, setting one resolution is just begging for failure. Seriously, how many of you have actually kept one all year 'round? Therefore, we decided to make 12...one for each month. If the resolution of the month turns into a habit that continues then awesome, but no pressure. So, here they are.

January: We'll be joining the rest of the country in resolving to work out. To make it really challenging we decided we'd work out every day. Yikes. We almost failed on the first day. But we did some crunches before bed. I think that's what today's workout will be too.

February: Photography. And you say "really, guys, you need to resolve to take MORE pictures? i doubt it". Well, we recently bought an amazing Nikon D80 SLR camera. We are learning more and more about photography and would eventually like to make it a little side business. So, February is for learning about photography. (See, New Year's Resolutions don't all have to be miserable)

March: No "nonessential" shopping (buying or "just looking"). We haven't exactly layed out the criteria for this but you get the idea.

April: Dinner Time! This month we are going to focus on having friends and family over for meals.

May: No eating out.

June: No TV. Yes, my husband has agreed to do this. It may have even been his idea. Or maybe I just made him think it was his idea ;). I know, it is a miracle. I can't wait!

July: Extended Family Month. We need a better name. Anyway, this month we want to get into the habit of keeping in touch better with our extended family who are scattered throughout the county.

August: No soda or sweets. Ouch.

September: This one is kinda weird. Andrew has resolved to run a race this month. And I have resolved to not wear mascara. I told you it was weird. The deal is that I have blond eyelashes. So when I don't wear mascara it's pretty noticable. I don't really consider myself super vain or caught up in my appearances (especially chasing Wade around all the time) but I do not ever go out in public without mascara on. So, this will be a challenge.

October: Neighborly Love. Since moving here we've met our neighbors but don't spend much time with them. So, this month we'll be showing them some love with baked goods and such.

November: No internet month. I think we may allow a once or twice daily email checking but that's it.

December: Book Month. We plan to read 4 books each this month. And Goodnight Moon does not count.

So, there ya have it. We'll keep you updated on our progress.

1 comment:

Mallory Cervas said...

That is an awesome idea (one for each month)! Maybe I'll do that next year :)