Monday, February 9, 2009

Flippity Flap Jack

Saturday we celebrated Wade’s first birthday.  My mom and brother flew up from Florida (thanks to $19 flights from Allegient Air!).  Andrew’s family and a few friends from church also came over.  And we ate pancakes!

We all anticipated the cake eating.  Everyone expects a kid to make a frosty mess on his first birthday leading up to a mandatory bath.  Not mine.  Apparently he takes after his dad (slowest eater on the planet) and his mom (neat freak).  So he ate his cake one piece of fruit at a time. 

It dawned on me that I did not give you his one year stats.  He is weighing in at 20lbs. 3oz. (15th percentile) and 29” (50th percentile).  He’s moving at his own pace when it comes to walking.  Only 4 months ago did he begin pulling up.  Now he will cruise one or maybe 2 steps.  But he got a push/ride toy for his bday and has “accidentally” taken 6-8 steps trying to keep up with it as it rolls along.  I have decided he will walk when he walks and I’m not going to be concerned about it.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

So cute! Can't believe he is a year...looks like yall had a great party! Josiah may be like Wade...he has been in 50th percentile in length and in the teens in weight since birth. He is a doll...wish I could kiss those cheeks! Call me so we can finish our chat! Love!

Sarah said...

What cute pictures! Wade is such a cute little man. I love your pancakes and fruit idea. Madeline still hasn't really had any sweets, and I don't want to start that yet.

Josh and Marcie said...

It sounds like Maeley and Wade are very much alike. Maeley's birthday was on the 11th so they are very close. maeley is not walking yet either and I am not pushing her to. Your little man is just adorable!