Thursday, September 25, 2008

I'm sorry...

Dear Friend,

Please forgive me for leaving you for so long. I have a condition I'd like to refer to as bloggerwhelmed. What happens is I'm blogging along just fine. Then a series of events happens. I plan to write about one but before I can the next is happening, and then the next. Then there are like 8 things to write about but I don't know where to start and am bloggerwhelmed by the idea of sitting down and sharing about each event. The creative juices that would take. (I see this same phenomenon in other areas of my life too. i.e. laundry, scrapbooking, cleaning-anybody with me?). It just requires jumping back in. So, I'll start with 2 weekends ago and share (don't worry, it'll be mostly pictures) what's been happenin' round here.

September 12-13

Andrew had his thing. I won't explain it all but go check it out (by clicking on "thing"). He's really been enjoying it. So he was gone Friday evening and most of Saturday. Wade & I hung out and I scrapbooked while he slept.


September 14

Andrew was again gone all day helping to set up for the Shane & Shane concert. Since pretty much every soul we know was either at the concert or had work/school the next day we took Wade with us. Unfortunately we didn't get any pictures, even though we easily could have gotten a pic of Wade with The Shanes. So sad. Anyway, it was Wade's first concert and he loved it. I think he has a crush on Bethany Dillon who opened the show. He could not keep his eyes off her. Then he played in the lobby with Olive-Shane Everett's daughter (again, no pics). He fell asleep in the Ergo carrier during Shane & Shane's first song! Their sweet harmonies kept him snoozing the entire time.

September 15

Within 24 hours Wade got to experience his first concert and his first funeral. Hambone, my brother-in-law's granddad passed away. He was very old and suffering from dementia. The memorial was more of a celebration that he is in a better place now. At the funeral we got to see Uncle Aaron who lives in Eugene, Oregon (they are preparing to plant a church in Vancuver). He's not actually Wade's uncle but he is the brother of his actual Uncle Ben...you follow? Aaron and Andrew were roommates in college and we consider Aaron and his sweet wife Amy family.

Also, Andrew's mom made a quick trip down for the funeral - which was actually in Nashville. So Chattanooga makes a good stopover.

When we got home we went to Aretha Frankenstein's. This is one of the best eateries in Chattanooga. I first experienced it's deliciousness last fall when I was about 7 months prego. So I always associate their amazing pancakes with cooler weather. Hence, last Monday I declared that fall had fallen.

(Cheryl Smith-Anna's mom, holding Wade at Aretha's)


September 20

The long anticipated 1st Annual Wade Scharff Memorial Golf Tournament arrives! Andrew, his brother David and brother-in-law Ben began planning this shindig about 8 months ago. How awesome to see all their hard work come to fruition! Wade was what you might call a scrappy golfer. He golfed many a game in jeans and dress shoes. For him the round would be considered a success if he came home with more golf balls than he went out with. After everyone had taken their shots you would often find Wade hunting through the woods for balls. Appropriately, most of the players of this year's tournament played in tennis shoes and borrowed clubs. But it was a sweet thing to see all these people come together to celebrate Wade's life. All of the proceeds went to the Southeastern Children's Home which was a ministry close to Wade's heart.

Click here to see the rest of the pictures.



You also missed Wade's teeth. Remember I showed you the pic before of them just cutting his gums. Well, slowly but surely they are growing into legitimate teeth. And there will be a picture soon. I tried to take one this morning but he was being shy.

While we don't have any crawling action yet, Wade has found he thoroughly enjoys standing. He cannot pull himself up and you can't go more than a foot away but nonetheless he finds it quite entertaining.


Aside from all that, it's been pretty low key around here. Well, aside from having 30 people in our house Wednesday night! Our small group had a Talent Show here...Wade even got involved!


And we had a break dancer in the house. Nice.


And now I must bake a cake for my sweet sister-in-law who turns 30 today (ok, I'm posting late-yesterday). Oh, and also......Happy Birthday Emris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I leave you with this...


Dwight Schrute:
Welcome to the Hotel Hell. Check-in time is now, check-out time is never.

Jim Halpert:
Does my room have cable?

Dwight Schrute:
No. And the sheets are made of fire.

Jim Halpert:
Can I change rooms?

Dwight Schrute:
Sorry we're all booked up. Hell convention in town.

Jim Halpert:
Can I have a late check-out?

Dwight Schrute:
I'll have to talk to the manager.

Jim Halpert:
You're not the manager, even in your own fantasy?

Dwight Schrute:
I'm the owner.. the co-owner. With Satan!

Jim Halpert:
Okay, just so I understand it. In your wildest fantasy, you are in hell and you are co-running a bed and breakfast with the devil.

Dwight Schrute:
But I haven't told you my salary yet.

Jim Halpert:
Go.

Dwight Schrute:
Eighty thousand dollars.


Gets me every time.

*Sigh*

No comments: