Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Lately Wade has not been cool with just watching me eat lunch. So I've been letting him experiment with finger foods during this time. He definitely does not have the required "pincher grasp" down quite yet. But every once in a while he gets lucky and the food actually makes it into his mouth. We've been practicing with peas, Graduates Finger Food, graham crackers (thanks for the tip Betsy!), and cheese. Much like his daddy, he absolutely LOVES cheese.

Sammy the dog has also been enjoying lunchtime. He's no dummy and has quickly realized the best place to be. I think Sammy just decided that having Wade around is not such a bad thing.

Wade is saving a few snacks for later. Or maybe Sammy paid him to pocket those for him.


So, apparently I was right the other week when I said Wade might be teething. Sure enough he first tooth is appearing and I can just barely feel one beside it. I don't think you can really see it in this picture but I promise it's there.

Ok, about the poop. I'm done flushing it. Apparently none of you has ever heard of this practice. I'm giving in to the pressure. And I don't feel one bit bad about it.

4 comments:

Anna Scharff said...

haha! i am so relieved to hear you quit flushing the poop. i was worried i was going to have to flush callie's whenever you are around.

Anna Scharff said...

p.s. i like this new look a lot.

Nicole said...

Upon reflection, I think if you are doing cloth diapers you are supposed to flush the poop so you can wash them. Maybe that's what your source was thinking?

Braedon loooooved cheerios when he first started into the world of finger foods. They are really easy for them to pick up and easy to swallow once they've accidentally gotten them ingested.

emily said...

Wade is too cute! Just wait till he realizes that he can lean over and DROP the food from his high chair for the dog to eat. Fun times, my friend =)