Friday, September 12, 2008

Sheet! Sheet! Sheet! (keep saying it faster & faster...hahaha)

Little Bo Peep has lost her sheet
and doesn't know where to find it...

Yes, I said sheet. The story goes like this. Yesterday was sheet day so all sheets come off the beds and into the washer. Actually I was also washing our duvet cover (which, do you know that in England they use duvets almost exclusively AND wash them like weekly? I digress). So I put Wade's sheet in with our duvet cover, his blanket, his quilt and his lovie. Washer finishes. Switch to drier. At this point I do not actually see the sheet. But you know how duvet covers can be. I figured the sheet was swallowed up inside of it. Drier buzzes. Empty drier. No sheet. Figure it's still in the duvet cover. No. I turned it inside out 3 times. No sheet. It is not behind or next to the washer or drier. Not on or under Wade's crib. Not in Wade's hamper. Not under the glider in the nursery. Not under our bed nor in our hamper. Did I mention the sheet is sherbert orange? (I promise it's not ugly) It's not like it's being camouflaged by all the other sherbert orange items in our house. I am not kidding you, I have looked everywhere. Of course Wade has a spare sheet but it's plain and I don't think it's as soft and I think it makes him sad. Ok, that's probably not true. Mom's theory is that the washing machine has sucked it into the 2 x 2 inch crevice between the bowl and the whatever you call the other part. I have not disassembled the machine yet to prove. Anyway, I'm sure we'll find it shortly after Wade moves into a big boy bed.


Here's a picture...see how good it looks with the bedding. The bumper has little baseball gloves on it in the same sherbert plaid. So sad.


P.S. This weekend I'm going to be scrapbooking and watching movies. Andrew is going to this thing (more about it later) so I'll be home alone (with Wade of course). I'm going to attempt to share some of my scrapbook pages here.


No comments: