Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Humidity

We seem to be quite concerned about humidity around here.  The other week we bought a dehumidifier for the basement.  We had a leak in the bathroom and the plumber recommended we get one to suck the water out of the floor and wood.  Does it seem like we have a lot of plumbers visit our house? Yah, that's what I was thinking too.  Anyway, that thing has been going nuts down there.  It is mind boggling to me that there is enough moisture in the air to fill a bucket of water over and over and over again.  Another interesting thing to me is that it has a digital humidity register.  A few times it has been at 90%.  Now I've been under the impression that 100% humidity essentially means it's raining.  My question...could it rain in our basement? Ha.

Wade's illness of last week is heading out the door but it's leaving one last little gift-a nice cough.  It's not a productive cough-it's that dry cough.  You know the kind where someone insists you have a drink of water.  So yesterday I visited Wal-mart and bought a humidifier for the little man's room.  I grew up in Florida so there was no need for adding humidity to any space in our house-this idea is new to me.  The one I bought has a place where you can add some kind of Vick's product.  Sounded cool.  Anybody ever tried that? 

Anyway, so last night Andrew comes into the house and apparently spotted the humidifier box.  His first words to me were "so now we're trying to get rid of humidity in the basement and add it to Wade's room?" Yah, I guess so.

P.S. Did you see Biggest Loser last night? Oh, I cannot stand that Vikki...her behavior is atrocious.  

3 comments:

Marcia said...

With all this humidity, are you sure you don't still live in Houston?

Nicole said...

Ours is a vicks. Braedon has had problems ever since he had RSV at 5 months, so we've actually already worn a humidifier out. My dr recommended a warm mist one last time, so that's what we have. I never use the vicks stuff, it just seems like a nice "just in case." I can tell the warm mist seems to clear Braedon up faster than a cold one. (We run ours 8-9 months a year)

Jill said...

Robin, I'm so glad there is someone else out there who cannot stand Vicki! AGH!