Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I do not like it, Sam I Am

I have recently acquired some new knowledge. Apparently you are supposed to dump poop out of diapers into the toilet before putting them in the trash can. Sorry, I gave you absolutely no warning that this post was about poop. But now you're reading and too curious to stop. So, since Wade's diaper productions are now solid (since he eats solid food) I am feeling obliged to follow this practice. And I just don't like it. There is really no totally clean way to do it. It requires touching the dirty wipe again. Then hoping that no little poop pebbles miss the toilet. And those that do, ultimately cause a plop and water splashes everywhere. Listen, I'm really sorry to paint this picture so vividly for you. But I really don't like doing this. Oh, and I forgot to mention the most unpleasant part. After taking off the dirty diaper you have to set it somewhere before you can go dump it out. Where should that be? And what if you forget you set it there? Or what if you have a crying baby and cannot immediately dump the poop?



You don't have to feel convicted to report me to the authorities, I'm still going to dump the poop. I just needed to share with someone how I despise this task.



You're lucky I'm not including pictures.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I've never heard this before! We have a diaper genie and never dump the poop and don't have any problem with smells. To me the diaper genie is easier and less work than the poop in the toilet. Interesting...

Marcia said...

i've never heard of this either. we just put them poop and all into the diaper champ. it works. diaper changing has just about become full on wrestling around here with our squirmer, so i'm not about to add another element to the battle.
who says we are "supposed" to do this?

Nicole said...

Same here. I've never heard this "rule" before. All poop has gone diaper packaged into the genie.

Carly said...

I'm gonna have to echo the other's on this one...who is telling you these horrible lies, Robin?! Poop should stay in the diaper.