Thursday, August 21, 2008

My apologies...

It's definitely been a while since I've posted. But you get a post plus a new layout, so no complaining. As Laura Wilkinson takes her final dives, I'll try to sum up what's been going on around here for the last couple weeks.


After my mom's visit we hurriedly packed for a week in Pigeon Forge. We headed out on Monday to meet Andrew's mom, Connie at a massive, all entertainment included, cabin in a secluded piece of the Great Smoky Mountain National Park with a breath-taking view. Ok, that may not be entirely true. While the cabin was nice and completely served our needs it was located about 1/2 mile from Dollywood. I definitely wouldn't call is massive. And there was some entertainment included but you can't really play pool 2 feet from where your kids are napping. The view was breath-taking...of the cabin next door. But it wouldn't be a Scharff vacation if we got what we expected (we once expected a lake house and ended up with a double wide trailer that hadn't been redecorated since 1960)! The purpose of the trip was to get away and relax & play together while remembering Andrew's dad (Wade Scharff) who passed away one year ago. To that end it was an amazing week!

Cousins Sydney and Wade (8 months apart)

Since we've been home Wade and I have been concentrating on sleeping! His sleep-not mine. Throughout this summer Wade has digressed in his nighttime sleeping habits. Between travel, moving, sickness (of Wade & mommy & daddy), visitors and more travel he had gotten to where he was waking up at about 2am, then 4am and then 6am. So Sunday night I went to bed early prepared for a long night. When Wade woke up at 2:30am I was determined not to nurse him (as I had gotten into the habit of doing). As you can imagine he was not thrilled about this plan. He continued to be "not thrilled" (code for "cried") until he fell asleep at about 4:30am. I set my alarm and checked on him every 10 minutes. Surprisingly naptime went much smoother on Monday. Monday night I was all geared up for another rough night. He woke up at 3am or so and whined/groaned for about 30 minutes (I don't think he was even fully awake) and then fell asleep. Tuesday and Wednesday nights he slept right on through until 6am! Woohoo! AND naptime is continuing to improve as well! I am so so so thankful that this process has been so quick.

Aside from that life has pretty much returned to normal. Andrew and the guys are working very hard on the upcoming 1st Annual Wade Scharff Memorial Charity Golf Tournament planned for Sept. 20 in Spartanburg, SC. I am SO proud of all they are doing and know that their dad would be so proud of them.

Well, the hurtles are about to start which means I've been working on my blog for way too long!

No comments: