Sunday, October 19, 2008

Florida Chronicles, Part 1

To my surprise, mom got internet hooked up at her house recently.  I say surprise mainly because the monitor on her ancient desktop computer does not work.  So...I suppose she uses her coffee pot to get on the web. 

Speaking of coffee pots, here is a hilarious story.  At least I think it is.  I will change the names of those involved to protect the innocent.  Let's call the characters Mary and Roberta.  In the crock pot a pork tenderloin is roasting away.  Sitting on the counter by the crockpot is a recipe for Pumpkin Spice Latte that Roberta just copied down from the CrockPot Lady.  (I'm sipping on it right now and it is delish!)  So here is how the conversation went:

Roberta: Let's get some pumpkin at the store after Wade wakes up so we can make the coffee recipe.

Mary: Yes, sounds good, that would be a good excuse to go to Target.

Roberta: (motioning towards the recipe on the counter) You know, I bet you could just make that in the coffee pot.

Note: remember the recipe is sitting right by the crock pot.

Mary: (spinning around at the speed of light to face Roberta) What!?! In the coffee pot?

Roberta: Yah, in the coffee pot.  You just need to heat it up.

Mary: Gee, I didn't think you could do that. Pausing with extremely puzzled look across her face. You mean cook the pork tenderloin in the coffee pot?

 

*Sigh* Never a dull moment.  Anyway, we've been so busy having fun since we got to Florida.  Here's what's been going on, in pictures, of course:

 

Friday, mom had to work for a few hours.  So, Wade and I walked down to the Safety Harbor Gazebo with my childhood friend, Tahnee and her sweet baby girl, Tessa.

IMG_0846

IMG_0848

We went to the Gazebo because on the 3rd Friday of the month there is live jazz in the park.  The "live jazz" consisted of a man with a saxophone and a boom box with a background track.  Occasionally, though, we would glance up from our conversation to find that Mr. Saxophone man had disappeared and left his background track to entertain us.  Good thing we were there for the company and not the jazz!

On the way home both babies fell asleep.

IMG_0851

Saturday, we headed out to run some errands in the morning.  We came upon a neighborhood garage sale where some old friends, Pat & Pat Lynch, live.  I spent $6.10 and came home with a bag of clothespins (remind me to tell you of my adventures in line drying our clothes); a pillow sham for the spare bedroom; a silly looking baby picture album (given to me for free because I had a baby with me); a cute duckie net backpack for toys, etc; and a beautiful strappy black dress for some special future occasion. Here's a funny little dialogue for ya.  At a garage sale I had this conversation as I was looking around:

Homeowner (woman in her late 30's): What a precious little guy! Let me guess, he's 8 months old.

Me: Yup, 8 1/2 months, you're good.

Homeowner's daughter (about 5 years old): Yah, well that's cause we have a puppy who's 8 months old.

I love it!

After a nap, Wade went for a dip in the pool. It was a little chilly but he was splashing around and having a good time. 

IMG_0853

If you're thinking, gee, it looks like he doesn't have any bottoms on, you're correct.  Totally butt naked.  I won't be getting in the pool till mom shocks it. Haha.

Sunday (today), we got up and went to church then ran a few errands.  After a nap, we headed to one of my favorite places on earth: Philipe Park.  It was extremely crowded since the weather was absolutely gorgeous today.

IMG_0860

In case you forgot what his smile looks like...he's been Mr. Serious in pictures lately.

IMG_0862

I can't get enough of that little grin.

IMG_0872

Mom, what is this between my toes?

IMG_0873

It's confirmed, Grammy is an angel...just look at her golden halo.

IMG_0874

Yah, he is.

IMG_0878

Dimples

IMG_0893

How do I get this green stuff in my mouth?

 

Ok, I'm pretty sure this blog is approaching the word limit per post, if there is such a thing.  Stay tuned for the beach, Frenchy's, Miss Betsy, Great Uncle Sam, Uncle CJ and more coffee pot adventures.

P.S. Go RAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I am unashamedly a fairweather fan)

2 comments:

Marcia said...

That Mary and Roberta sound like some funny ladies!
"Chicken Sticks" are nothing special. They are the little vienna sausage looking sticks Gerber sells in jars. They gross me out, but Mallory loves them.

Michelle said...

Wade is too cute!!! I love his adorable smile! Keep the posts and pictures coming!