Saturday, October 25, 2008

Florida Chronicles Part 5: The Uncles

Today was the day for uncles (and an aunt).  We started off at my Uncle Sam & Aunt Joan's house this morning.  Sam was my dad's brother.  He and Uncle Mark Scharff are the closest to blood related grandads that Wade has.  So, he's pretty special. 

IMG_0969

IMG_0961

Wade also got to meet Jimmy, who is my Aunt Joan's 94 year old dad! 

IMG_0957

He also had a blast playing with their dogs Samantha and Brandy.

IMG_0954

After Sam & Joan's we went to Christmas Wonderland.  There were no uncles there.  Well, at least none that were related to Wade. 

IMG_0972

IMG_0973

This evening CJ (my brother) returned from 6 weeks in Serbia, Bosnia and Kosovo. 

Wade was really uncertain of CJ at first. 

IMG_0980

Soon they started playing though.  Here CJ is explaining an aqueduct to Wade.

IMG_0987

And Wade warmed right up to him.

IMG_0993

IMG_0995

IMG_1000

Uncle CJ, you wouldn't really put that on my head, would you? Uh, yah. And he did.  Remind me not to let CJ babysit.

IMG_0988

I guess this was supposed to make Wade feel better.

IMG_0990

But in the end they're still buddies...

IMG_1003

Tomorrow I am heading home.  We have had so much fun the last week and a half here with Grammy.  It is sad to be leaving.  But it is good to be going home.  I know Andrew has been missing Wade terribly.  And soon after we get home my sister-in-law, Anna will be having her baby girl Callie.  Then before we know it, it'll be Christmas and we'll be heading back to see Grammy again!  Yay!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

hogtide33@hotmail.com. You're an angel!

Love all the pics, by the way!