Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Old Man is Snoring

It is raining here.  But we are dry inside...unlike some other rainy days of late.  Wade decided to wake up early this morning at 7am.  Fun. Thankfully he was content to play in his crib for a while.  So I could sleep.  Oh wait, no I couldn't.  Sammy was more anxious than usual to go outside.  Actually in the mornings he's not really interested in going outside.  He's interested in his food. But he knows he's supposed to go "hurry up" (pee) outside before he can have his food.  Lately he has been going around the corner-not even leaving the deck-waiting a few seconds then running back to the door like he was a good boy. Ha.  This morning I let him out and stood at the door to redirect him into the yard, thinking he would be especially hesitant this morning because of the rain (which he HATES).  Nope.  He sauntered out to the grass and started eating it, like a cow.  Dogs eat grass when they need to vomit.  Great.  Well, he ain't coming back in this house.  He stayed out there about 15 minutes, eating grass in the pouring down rain.  Finally it happened. It was gross but it was outside so I don't really care.  But he kept eating grass.  Andrew had to go out there and get him.  So we get him all dried off and into the house.  I am keeping a real close eye on him cause I have had to clean up dog puke twice this week already and I'm not planning on doing it again.  I'm not sure what's making him puke.  I spied him last night ferociously eating something in the neighbors yard.  When I went to get him I didn't see anything over there.  Back inside he's acting pretty normal, scarfing his food down as usual.  After a while I got concerned that he hadn't actually peed while he was out there.  So I let him out.  Andrew warned me not to saying now that he realized he wouldn't melt in the rain he would go find his little treasure to eat.  I should have listened.  He tore off to his special spot on the far side of the neighbor's yard.  Picture me marching across the neighbors yard in the rain (this is a big yard-probably like 40yds. from our driveway to theirs) with my sweet green raincoat, pj pants rolled up, no shoes, yelling "Sammy, come!".  Proud moment for Andrew right there.  Have I mentioned before that our neighbor's name is Sammy - not our neighbor's dog, our neighbor himself.  So it's always a bit awkward yelling for Sammy to come.  Finally I convince him to go back to our house.  I still don't know if he peed.  A while ago he was acting all fidgety  but I told him he couldn't fool me and took him out on the leash.  He didn't pee. 

Wow, all of that before 8am.  Well, at least it got my butt into gear.  I've been quite productive since then if I don't say so myself.  Laundry, vacuumed, emptied dishwasher, made baby food, played with Wade, cleaned out Wade's closet.  And it's only 12:31pm!

The little man got his flu shot last night.  That makes it sound like I took him up to the Seven Eleven on a cigarette run and had them shoot him up there.  Just kidding. I don't smoke.  (Nor would I ever consider it) At the doctor's office, silly.  He did great.  Cried a tiny bit after he realized that lady with the big hair had stuck him with something pointy. 

Ok, I'm going to carry on with my productive self here.  We have a guest coming this weekend.  Renee Runyan is coming all the way from Houston and we could not be more excited!  She's coming for the fall leaves, mountains and Wade. Just joshing ya! I think she wants to see our new house too.  Andrew went camping last weekend at Fall Creek Falls so the basement looks like a tornado went through it from his last minute packing.

No comments: