Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Mother Knows Best...

So I get this from my mom shortly after my last post...

 

Alright, dear,

Calm down-even if it's a brown recluse, you are about 20,000 times bigger than it. The problem you now have, is what if he (assuming gender here) is no longer in the bathtub when you dare to open the door????

Where is he??? Let knowledge be on your side at this moment. As long as you know where he is, you have the upper hand.

Equip yourself with a can of Raid (I hope you have-if not use Off or some strong cleaning solvent) and a broom (also assuming you have this). Take a deep breath and open the bathroom door with an eye towards the tub. We hope he is still in the same vicinity he was originally. Trap him with the broom (all the while, humming the itsy bitsy spider song to keep your courage up) and spray the Hell (excuse the term, but this is war) out of the area under and around the broom. Try to ignore the small cries emitting from the broom-he should have known better than to come in and this will serve as a lesson to any of his buddies that may be watching (from outside!!).

Come on, girl, you can do it!! You are woman, let's here you roar.

Let me know who wins..

Mom xo

 

Before I know it, I am up and heading to the shed to retrieve the outside broom.  All the while asking myself "why are you doing this?" Just give it a try-it's only a spider.  Going into the shed is scary in itself.  Who KNOWS what's lurking in there? Got the broom. Now the Raid.  Guess I used it all on those bugs in my cabinets in Houston (another story for another day).  I did have some good cleaning solvent options. But I also needed to consider spray nozzle type.  I needed aerosol for this-there's no time for saving the environment here, after all I am trying to kill a spider.  So, I opted for hairspray.  Armed with broom and hairspray I march downstairs to conquer my fears.  When I got there, he was gone.  I even shook out the shower curtain-I know, extremely brave.  My theory is that he heard me stomping down the stairs and began to tremble in fear.  His fear seized him and caused a heart attack.  And he is one of those types of spiders that vanishes after death.  So, ha, take that, stupid spider. 

 

I still closed the door on my way out.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm a huge fan of Raid's Home and Garden.

If you use hairspray, it might be fun to light him on fire afterwards....;)

Marcia said...

Way to go being brave! I'm sure your courage scared that spider away.

Anonymous said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! Your story and your mom's reply made me laugh out loud! I'm glad that spider didn't try to bite me while I was there using the basement shower...all of Chattanooga would have heard me screaming!

Michelle said...

I love reading all your stories Robin! It's nice to know I am not alone in the adventure of raising a boy! Thanks for the comment. Keep the posts flowing! I love keeping up with cute little Wade and how much he is growing. :-)